What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mini2 losing emails and apps

doris ganton

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My fairly new mini has been losing whole screens of emails, most of which are gone.
Sometimes some of them show up days later. It is also losing Apps. I.e. My IPF APP Is gone and
I have to get in via Google. Also several times I have an email almost finished typing and it just
Disappears. It has lost some apps for blogs as well. I am not impressed! Any suggestions? Also.
How do I put a blog addy back on the home page from Google?

Doris

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try resetting your ipad, and if that doesn't help, restore from a recent backup.

To reset, press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears. As soon as you see it, let go of both buttons, your iDevice will power up on it's own. This reset won't change settings or remove data. It could help with your problem.

If there's a backup of your iPad that was made before your problem started, use this backup. Restore your iPad, and then restore from this backup. That done, reset your iPad once more, using the method described above.

To get a site to your favorites, and show up when you open Safari, open the site. Then tap the Share button at the top right (left of the + sign).
image.png

Select "Add Bookmark", and on the next screen, make sure the location is set to Favorites:
image.png

If it isn't, tap the location and select the right one. Then tap "Save".

Hope that helps.

Elizellen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As for your IPF app - it doesn't work any more, hasn't for several years now if I remember correctly.
Some people use Tapatalk to access the forum.

OP
doris ganton

doris ganton

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks J A
That icon , the square with the arrow pointing up does not appear at the top. I am trying to put the blog addy of my granddaughter bACk on. Nothing at top except an X and 3 little dots vertical. Same with this forum. .
Doris
Try resetting your ipad, and if that doesn't help, restore from a recent backup.

To reset, press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears. As soon as you see it, let go of both buttons, your iDevice will power up on it's own. This reset won't change settings or remove data. It could help with your problem.

If there's a backup of your iPad that was made before your problem started, use this backup. Restore your iPad, and then restore from this backup. That done, reset your iPad once more, using the method described above.

To get a site to your favorites, and show up when you open Safari, open the site. Then tap the Share button at the top right (left of the + sign).
View attachment 69946
Select "Add Bookmark", and on the next screen, make sure the location is set to Favorites:
View attachment 69947

Hope that helps.
A

View attachment 69946
View attachment 69947

Hope that helps.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks J A
That icon , the square with the arrow pointing up does not appear at the top. I am trying to put the blog addy of my granddaughter bACk on. Nothing at top except an X and 3 little dots vertical. Same with this forum. .
Doris
My instructions are working in Safari. I didn't realize you use the Google app. Sorry!
At the moment, I don't know how to add this in the app. If I find a way, I'll let you know.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My suggestion would be to stop using the Google App for visiting the forum, most other websites, and email. It's a general search/information app, and does not include all the features of a full web browser.

If you want to stick with Google products, use Chrome.

Or if you prefere more complete integration with the iPad's features use the built in Safari Browser.

In either of those you can easily save sites to visit again, just as Johanna showed. If you have problems figuring out how to use those apps many of the members here will be glad to help. The basics are covered in the iPad User Guide which you can find on the iBooks Store for free, or download as a PDF form Apple's site. Make sure you get the right version.

If you tap the three dot icon in the Google App, you'll see the options to open a site in either Chome or Safari; which means you can keep using the Google App for searching and other stuff, if you like, and save your more commonly visted sites to Safari or Chrome for more serious use.

image.png

OP
doris ganton

doris ganton

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My suggestion would be to stop using the Google App for visiting the forum, most other websites, and email. It's a general search/information app, and does not include all the features of a full web browser.

If you want to stick with Google products, use Chrome.

Or if you prefere more complete integration with the iPad's features use the built in Safari Browser.

In either of those you can easily save sites to visit again, just as Johanna showed. If you have problems figuring out how to use those apps many of the members here will be glad to help. The basics are covered in the iPad User Guide which you can find on the iBooks Store for free, or download as a PDF form Apple's site. Make sure you get the right version.

If you tap the three dot icon in the Google App, you'll see the options to open a site in either Chome or Safari; which means you can keep using the Google App for searching and other stuff, if you like, and save your more commonly visted sites to Safari or Chrome for more serious use.

View attachment 69971
Thanks Twerppoet. Despite reading the user guide, I have never figured out how to use Safari. When I bring it up it never shows any way to use it like mentioned in the Guide. I have never had any love for Google but it is the only one I know how to use.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The stuff you type into that Google search box, just type it into the URL box at the top of Safari. Works almost exactly the same.

image.jpeg

Your's will look a bit different, since that's a screen shot from the Pro.

Most reactions

Latest posts