What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Notes and emails gone after ios5 update

Guy1717

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My emails gone is not so bad, they are on my laptop also, but my notes in the Apple Notes app are all dissapeared ! And this is really not funny, there were a lot of them and now everything is lost. :mad:

Anyone knows of a simple note app that can sync with Google documents, so i would always have a backup ? I don't want to us the original app Notes anymore.

I wonder whats the point of backing up with Itunes, wich i did before Ios5, if you can't restore things ( like my notes)

Guy

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But a restore should bring those notes back. Have your tried rebooting the iPad? It sometimes works.....

But if you did backup, you should be OK....

Emails - OK, I'm guessing you're using POP and not IMAP? With POP the emails are uploaded to the iPad, with IMAP the iPad simply acts as a window onto your email server.

Tim

OP
Guy1717

Guy1717

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just rebooted, no notes back
Mail is POP
I will try to restore tomorrow and let you know
Thanks Tim

aseel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hallo
My situation is so much worse. After updating my iPhone 4, I cannot get it to restore any of my data so I lost everything. Can anyone help? As apple were no good.
I'm do annoyed.
Thanks

iMary

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just upgraded to iOS5 and lost only my most recent notes. Not in any email account nor did hard reboot help.
Any ideas?

Most reactions