What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mifi

magsmag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a 3/3G customer with poor reception. They are sending me a mifi device....I'd never heard of this. Does anyone have any experience of this?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - I have one. It's about the size of a matchbox and has a '3' SIM card inside. It connects to the 3 network and thence to the Internet and broadcasts that signal as WiFi, allowing up to 5 WiFi devices to connect to it and hence to the Internet. You can control who connects too. It's very sensitive, I've found - better than my 3G iPad. Good battery life - about 5 hours - and can be recharged from the USB port of a computer or via a dedicated charger. A great piece of kit...

Tim

OP
M

magsmag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim, what about the sim card thats in my ipad now?....and if I'm out and about....I have to take it with me....and no one else can connect to it?

We have virgin media broadband at home...wifi....but are having a lot of probs with it. It would be good for my son if he could connect to this.....but if I take it out with me...he can't...can he? Or......can i leave it at home and use the sim card thats in my ipad already.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You'll need a SIM adaptor, because the MiFi takes a regular SIM and the iPad a microSIM. You can purchase those from Amazon or similar retailer.

Tim

OP
M

magsmag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thankyou to both.......but I have now switched from Three to Vodaphone.....although reception isn't much better. I sent the mifi back.

Most reactions

Latest posts