What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Three MiFi Modem

Mavlar81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I hope someone can steer me in the right direction.

I have a 16gb wifi iPad 2 and I want to use it on 3G when I'm not at home or near a wifi hotspot. Has anyone used or using a Mifi modem? Three have a decent enough offer so I am looking to purchase one but just wanted to see if anyone here has used one and if they are any good?, any help and advice would be greatly appreciated :)

ManicDreamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I bought a 3 mifi modem a year ago to use with my netbook when working away from home. When I decided to purchase an iPad, I decided that as I was already paying on my mifi contract for another 12 months I didn't want to pay for a contract on my iPad too.
So I have been using my 3 mifi with my iPad over the last few months and I have to say it works really well.
I had a colleague with a Vodafone dongle in the same room as me last week and her signal was very poor and couldn't load the website we needed, so I used my mifi and had a full signal and I was able to log into the website happily and play videos through my mifi.
I'm glad I didn't pay the extra £100 for the iPad with a sim and yet another set of contract fees as the mifi is working great.

OP
Mavlar81

Mavlar81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ManicDreamer said:
Hi. I bought a 3 mifi modem a year ago to use with my netbook when working away from home. When I decided to purchase an iPad, I decided that as I was already paying on my mifi contract for another 12 months I didn't want to pay for a contract on my iPad too.
So I have been using my 3 mifi with my iPad over the last few months and I have to say it works really well.
I had a colleague with a Vodafone dongle in the same room as me last week and her signal was very poor and couldn't load the website we needed, so I used my mifi and had a full signal and I was able to log into the website happily and play videos through my mifi.
I'm glad I didn't pay the extra £100 for the iPad with a sim and yet another set of contract fees as the mifi is working great.

Thanks for your feedback mate, yeah I'm the same, I didn't want to fork out the extra £100 then get another contract as well as my iPhone and home broadband too, thanks for you advice I will be investing in one :)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have invested in the 3 mifi about a month ago.....it works brilliantly, the current one is super fast, faster than the speeds that I get with my home broadband network.

The Archangel

OP
Mavlar81

Mavlar81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
I have invested in the 3 mifi about a month ago.....it works brilliantly, the current one is super fast, faster than the speeds that I get with my home broadband network.

The Archangel

Thanks for the info, yeah the latest one is the E586 I think and has speeds of up to 21mbps so will deffo be going for that

Most reactions

Latest posts