Three MiFi Modem

Discussion in 'UK Dedicated iPad Forum' started by Mavlar81, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Mavlar81

Mavlar81 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hi I hope someone can steer me in the right direction.

I have a 16gb wifi iPad 2 and I want to use it on 3G when I'm not at home or near a wifi hotspot. Has anyone used or using a Mifi modem? Three have a decent enough offer so I am looking to purchase one but just wanted to see if anyone here has used one and if they are any good?, any help and advice would be greatly appreciated :)
  2. ManicDreamer

ManicDreamer iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    Hi. I bought a 3 mifi modem a year ago to use with my netbook when working away from home. When I decided to purchase an iPad, I decided that as I was already paying on my mifi contract for another 12 months I didn't want to pay for a contract on my iPad too.
    So I have been using my 3 mifi with my iPad over the last few months and I have to say it works really well.
    I had a colleague with a Vodafone dongle in the same room as me last week and her signal was very poor and couldn't load the website we needed, so I used my mifi and had a full signal and I was able to log into the website happily and play videos through my mifi.
    I'm glad I didn't pay the extra £100 for the iPad with a sim and yet another set of contract fees as the mifi is working great.
  3. Mavlar81

Mavlar81 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks for your feedback mate, yeah I'm the same, I didn't want to fork out the extra £100 then get another contract as well as my iPhone and home broadband too, thanks for you advice I will be investing in one :)
  4. Gabriel1

Gabriel1 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +748 / 0
    I have invested in the 3 mifi about a month ago.....it works brilliantly, the current one is super fast, faster than the speeds that I get with my home broadband network.

The Archangel
  5. Mavlar81

Mavlar81 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks for the info, yeah the latest one is the E586 I think and has speeds of up to 21mbps so will deffo be going for that