What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Microsoft Announces New Surface Pro at Shanghai Event

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Microsoft launches new Surface Pro in Shanghai.jpg

Microsoft is currently holding a special event in Shanghai, China, where Microsoft's corporate vice-president of Devices, Panos Panay, has just announced the completely redesigned new Surface Pro, which Microsoft says is “upgraded, versatile, and exceptionally powerful, with iconic Surface design.”

"The Surface team never stops growing and learning" said Panay. "We listen to our customers, asking them what will help them better create and be more productive. Their input guides us to discover and build new ways to streamline and enhance creative processes – helping people use one device instead of two, eliminating the need for pen and paper, removing barriers so their ideas can flow freely."

The “beautifully crafted” new device is “the lightest, the best sounding, the fastest…the quietest,” Surface Pro, according to the launch video from Microsoft. It has 13.5 hours of battery life, which is 50% more than a Surface Pro 4 and 35% more than an iPad Pro. LTE Advanced, Windows Hello, a “next generation” hinge, and Studio Mode. Microsoft says that the LTE Advanced will be available "in units shipping later this year," and according to The Verge, these models will support micro SIM and eSIM and will cost slightly more than the non-LTE models.

Continue Reading @ Microsoft Announces New Surface Pro at Shanghai Event

OP
iDan

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been so tempted to buy a Surface Pro, but just don't like the though of going to a Windows OS. I sure hope Apple steps up the game with the iPad Pro and make it function more like a computer in the future.

Thomas1977

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with windows as I am more familiar with the Pc than the iPad. But I'm sure Apple will do something.

fb si

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder if it will bail out of the browser at random like the one I had a few years ago.

Most reactions

Latest posts