What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Micro SIM card availability in Europe

KeithGP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a better guide as to how to secure a PAYG microSIM for my iPad while in Paris next month?

oboedot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MicroSim card for Poland, Hungary, Czech Rep, Austria?

Is there a single microSIM card I could purchase for my iPad2 that would work in all four countries? If so, which ones, and where might I get them in Warsaw (first stop)? Thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - but you'll pay roaming charges when you move from country to country. So it's better to purchase country-specific PAYG microSIM cards to avoid this.

Tim

boyzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score

bc98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all lots of good information on this thread. Others that come across this might benefit from the following site that compares SIM cards across many countries in Europe -- iPad SIM Cards.

rexwood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The way to get your Apple iPad 3G going in France is this way. Go to any FSR store in France. *Some stores are out of stock. I was finally successful at the FSR store in Paris at the Montparnasse Building which has the best and quickest view of all of Paris. *Apple and Orange do NOT carry them, contrary to what I have read on blogs. Do not go to phone stores selling FSR *phone packages like The Phone House and fnac. *You will have to give them a copy of your driver's license. *They have a package of 3 days for 9,90€ ( including sim), 6€ everyday after. Perfect for tourists. Also, you can keep your account active for business travelers as you can mail in form that comes with your sim with (another) copy of your driver's license. *Finally, after you slip the micro sim card in, you must go to Settings>Cellular Data>APN and enter websfr, then reboot. *You will be up immediately. Coverage is weak in some buildings but excellent for google maps and getting around Paris.*

Can you confirm that this is still the case? A lot of comments have said that nobody is doing reasonably priced per-paid sims in France. Wondered if things have changed in the last 18 months? Also wanted to query the 'FSR' above. Do you mean SFR? You noted the reference to entering 'websfr' and I have located a number of branches of SFR but nothing for FSR.

Pipstickle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I have read the posts above but am still uncertain as what the best option for using my iPad in Spain. I will be moving to Spain for six months and want to have 3G access, however the prepaid sim at 3.5€ a day is not the best option for such a long time. Are there any pay as u go equivalents in Spain like the top up sims for 10£ a month in the u.k. Any help would be great as I go Friday

peter.g

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pipstickle said:
Hi I have read the posts above but am still uncertain as what the best option for using my iPad in Spain. I will be moving to Spain for six months and want to have 3G access, however the prepaid sim at 3.5€ a day is not the best option for such a long time. Are there any pay as u go equivalents in Spain like the top up sims for 10£ a month in the u.k. Any help would be great as I go Friday

I can't comment on iPad sims I am trying to find out for myself. However I have used my laptop in spain with a Spanish dongle. I bought this at a carrefour mobile phone counter for I think about 49euros I then top up and from memory it is about 30euros per month 15euros per week or 3euros per day. This is all from memory as it's a few months since I topped up but if you can't get sorted it would be worth calling in somewhere like carrefour

Ex nihil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any SIM card can be converted to microSIM by cutting it. You can buy special cutters but a sharp chisel bevel side out and hammer will do as we'll. I work in Solomon Islands and Afghanistan and neither had micros but my cut down versions work just fine.

Most reactions

Latest posts