1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

memory crashes fixed in IOS 5.1.1??

Discussion in 'iPad 1 Forum' started by climo21, Jun 29, 2012.

1. climo21

climo21 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Guys,

Can some users of IOS 5.1.1 report on how the ipad 1 performs? Does it still have the memory crash and slowness issues? I installed IOS 5.0.1 while back but due to all the crashes (apps and games) and slowness I ended up downgrading back to 4.2.1 where is seems more stable. I'm looking to upgrade again but want to make sure it will be stable with little to no crashes on IOS 5.1.1 before I install it. I read that entering DFU mode before the upgrade seem to help alot and makes the ipad perform faster. Has anyone tried this method to see if it works? I really don't want to go thru the hassle of downgrading again...so I'm asking you guys first.
  2. Bosvaark

Bosvaark iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    For what it's worth apps even crash on the iPad3 , often it isn't the IOS but the app itself, IPad has only 256MB ram, so when the system runs out of resources the app crash happens more frequent.
  3. climo21

climo21 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks, yeah I heard all the ipads crash from time to time. I just thought someone would chime in to report on how the ipad runs on 5.1.1. I'll prolly just upgrade it to 5.1.1 then trade it in at gamestop toward the nexus 7. They seem to have a pretty good deal with an additional 30% toward the pre-order. I'm just getting tried of the whole IOS thing. While android is not perfected yet its easier to modify to ones liking.