What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Max voltage ipad can provide to a device like usb etc

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got a device using for Internet , wifi ..which is using battery 3.7 volt .. What's operating voltage for USB , while jail break.my external battery is creating problems.I can use my wifi device with laptop via USB port . What if I try to use it with cck .will this work ?

Sent from my heart ,using my brain ..

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The problem is likely to the current drive capability of the camera connection kit or iPad USB connector which is extremely small - about 10mA, I believe. This is considerably less than the current capability of a 'standard' USB port and will almost certainly be insufficient to drive a USB WiFi dongle.

Tim

OP
Shihid

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
The problem is likely to the current drive capability of the camera connection kit or iPad USB connector which is extremely small - about 10mA, I believe. This is considerably less than the current capability of a 'standard' USB port and will almost certainly be insufficient to drive a USB WiFi dongle.

Tim

If jail break then ?

Sent from my heart ,using my brain ..

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If my understanding is correct, this is a firmware issue that cannot be resolved by jail breaking. But maybe someone else will have some more credible information. But, from what I've read, even JB iPads have this restriction.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts