What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One Way to Add USB and SD slot to iPad

OP
R

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
These are minimalist, portable, low power consumption Linux boxes typically with WiFi, USB ports and even an SD card slot. Mine also has an eSATA port.

Would you share which plug computer you use?

Thanks.

As Info correctly guessed it is a DreamPlug, see GlobalScale Technologies - Electronic Manufacturing Service.

I get what I want out of it running a Perl script but I am looking at running VNC so that I can have a generic file manager, such as Commander hosted on the Linux box, via a GUI client on the iPad (such as iSSH or VNC Pro).

Each to her/his own:).

The iPad alone just doesn't have the connections to allow files to be copied from SD to HDD one pass.

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
graywolf said:
Jailbreak and you can use the Camera Connection Kit with most USB Flash drives and get some extra storege. Quite easy to do actually.
No Linux. :D
Even though iOS is essentially a very fancy Linux build.

Jb now , what's next thing to do ? Simply add cck and then?

Sent from my heart ,using my brain ..

Most reactions

Latest posts