What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mail problems again

Ibill

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My mail account folders are missing all my moved mail, orders, bills etc. They are also missing on my iPhone, however there still on my laptop in my Outlook account. Do I have to do the delete deal again?

OP
Ibill

Ibill

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Now I lost stuff I just put in a couple of days ago. Am I missing a timer that auto deletes? I can't find one. What good are folders if your important stuff to save disappears?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Outlook on an iDevice has the possibility to select "Mail Days to Sync". By default, it sets a limit to show synced emails. To see them as long as you don't want to delete them, select "Never" (Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars - Accounts - your Outlook account).

Hope that helps.

OP
Ibill

Ibill

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I FIXED IT. During a search of folders in mail here I found iPad mail doesn't play well with POP mail accounts. Funny I'm sure it worked before.:confused: I down loaded the MY MAIL app. Plays well with all my email accounts! BONUS! I can click on links and they open right in the mail app. No more of Safari taking over the show, hate the disappearing title bar and can't increase the font size so it stays. I use Mercury, can increase font size for each individual forum, for a browser so that was a big pain in the butt.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
POP3 mail does not play well with multiple devices, period. The standard was created when almost every one accessed their email from a single computer. The extra stuff that Mail and other apps use to get around these limitations are kludges that are apt to break if anything unexpected changes on the device.

The best solution, when available, is to use IMAP or Exchange servers. They are far more robust, being designed for multi-device reality the mobile world. Unfortunately, not all ISP's provide IMAP, which is one of the reasons I discourage people from using an ISP provided address as their primary email.f

The other reason is that if you move or change internet providers you're likely to lose the email address as well, and spend a considerable amount of time fixing all the many site and service logins you tied to it.

OP
Ibill

Ibill

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well that was short lived! My.mail quit working, out go but won't receive nothing. Worked perfect for 3-4 days. Here's the kicker though. Started back to my Apple mail and every thing is back in the folders as before! Even 3 year old emails are back! All works on outlook and Gmail and Comcast accounts. What's up with that?

Most reactions

Latest posts