What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mail keep mails for 3 days only

Rends

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have set mail to keep the last 100 mails but the App shows the last 3 days only with about 20 mails.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
You have set show recent messages to a 100, however there is also a mail days to sync setting that defaults to 3 days, you need to change this to no limit. Settings - mail, contacts and calendars - your mail account - mail days to sync.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
It tells you in my previous post. If you are using a pop account I don't think it appears because your not syncing with a pop account but downloading direct from the server.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my POP accts, you can adjust under Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Advanced > Delete from server > you make your choice

From Advanced, you also have a choice of days under Remove.

SLMStewart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a LIVE account for emails. When I change the mail sync to "no limit" it changes back to 3 days. Can anyone help me?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

Try the usual fixes:
Restart your iPad: turn it off, wait for a few minutes, turn it on again.
Reset it (this will change nothing and you won't lose anything): press and hold Home and power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. Release both and let the iPad power up on it's own.
Reset Settings (you will have to enter all the settings again afterwards): go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset all Settings.

If performing these doesn't help, try to delete the account and set it up again. This mostly solves issues with email accounts.
Hope that helps.

Last edited:

SLMStewart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I powered off and reset the iPad to no avail. The mail sync did not retain the change. If I delete the live account and recreate it will I lose all my mail? I know It cannot be the live account because I can see emails from months ago on my laptop. I just can not see them on the iPad nor can I afford to lose these files.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You won't lose the emails. They'll be loaded to your iPad again after setting up the account.

SLMStewart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It took all my bravery to do so but I deleted the account and recreated it. All my inbox email is still there but I lost all my mail folders where I organize my emails. I used to see them on the iPad before I deleted the account. The are still on my live account but I cannot access them from the iPad. Any ideas?

Most reactions

Latest posts