What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

magnets on ipad1

DDWO

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am considering applying a self adhesive magnet to my iPad1, for the purpose of adhering my stylus to my iPad. I have read up on this and am confused. Some people swear it will damage iPad, others say "no way". Can someone please confirm for me? If applying the magnet directly to iPad is dangerous than I can apply it the plastic case, but I still don't know whether that proximity of the magnet is acceptable. Someone please advise:confused:

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well the Apple Smart Cover for the iPad2 has magnets. So I don't think it would hurt it. Google that, and there are lots of articles to read.

See if that helps!

Reaction score
My iPad 1 sleeve has a magnetic closure with no I'll effects.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my iTablet

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Because magnets and hard drives don't mix, everybody thinks that any electronic device will blow up when put within range of a magnet.

This is not true.

Magnets, especially LARGE, powerful magnets like in a loudspeaker, will have a slight effect but not enough to cause any damage. Maybe heat up your battery a bit. But that takes a giant magnet.

Small neodymium magnets will cause absolutely no harm.

Hey, like sweet p said, the iPad 2 has 2 of em'. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts