1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

LTE - I'm afraid....

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by AQ_OC, Mar 27, 2012.

1. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    As my sig says, I went with the 4G version of the iPad this time instead of the Wifi only model I went with last time.

Because folks were having problems, I decided to activate my 4G and plan on just using it for a month or two before putting my account in suspend mode.

But I got to say....it is ADDICTIVE.

I have decent wifi at home (25-30 Mbps down / 5 Mbps up), and work (20-25 Mbps down / 20-25 Mbps up). LTE is more variable, but so far I have clocked (5-20 Mbps down and 5-20 Mbps up). Most of the time LTE is very decent and WAY WAY faster than 3G (this is on Verizon).

I don't need LTE on a daily basis...that's nuts...but I'm not going to lie...I like it! Going out for coffee - take the iPad - surf the web. Surfing the web is a totally different experience on iPad vs. a phone. I surf on a phone because I'm bored...but doing the same on an iPad just spoils you rotten.
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  2. zipur

zipur iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Wow I could've typed the exact same message . Yes I'm spoils with Vz LTE nice.

I used to be all thumbs now I'm all gums I love dictating my posts!
  3. Patrizia_NC

Patrizia_NC iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Same here.. I carry a hotspot but LTE has me so spoiled I hardly use it