What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Low memory warning

Preachrr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey all.. Got a question. I use two programs simultaneously and when using these programs I constantly get a low memory warning. I shut everything else down and make sure these are the only two programs running. The first program is pages and the second is Bible HD.. Is there a way of allocating more memory for desktop usage or is there a way of shutting off that warning? Thanks

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know of any way to turn off the warnings or change memory allocations. One thing to try is to shut down the iPad, hold power button till slider appears , slide it to off, wait a few seconds and restart. This should clear memory, hopefully allowing you to run both programs together. Otherwise an iPad with more memory would be in order.

OP
P

Preachrr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the 64gb 3G is there something better. I am more referring to the desktop memory.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You're limited to 256mb which is shared with the graphics chip.
The actual amount you have to run apps with is much less in practise :(
Just fired one up and it says Wired:199mb, Active:23mb, Inactive:14mb and Free:9mb......ymmv but I bet it's fairly similar.
(This is using an app called iMonitor by HandyPadSoft.)

Hopefully the new iPad will see at least a doubling of ram.

Most reactions

Latest posts