What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost Wi-Fi After Upgrade

Hainiac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Been going through a nightmare for the last 2 days. Several months ago my computer crashed and I lost much of my iTunes music, movies, etc. I have spent the last two days reloading it as it was on my iPad and not the computer. Got that done and so today to get my Apps updated I loaded the ios5 and now I have no Wi Fi. I read some blogs and it said to reset to factory settings. Did that, but no luck. Still no Wi FI! Help!!!!:(

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Search box (at the top-left of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information here to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum:

Forum Rules - Please read
Hacking Rules - Please read
iPad for Beginners
Free iPad User Manuals
Download The Official iPad Forum App

Regarding your post...are you saying that your iPad's Wi-Fi isn't working after the upgrade? It sounds like you did, but did you try resetting (not restarting) it? That's fixed a lot of problems for others.

Reset the iPad: You can do this by pressing the Home button and the Sleep/wake button on the top the iPad's case and holding them down together for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. The iPad should then reset itself. The boot up process takes a few minutes and then the iPad should be responsive again.

If that doesn't do it you could try deleting and re-adding your Wi-Fi network settings:

Settings > Wi-Fi > Network > Forget this Network

Also, rebooting everything on your home network including your router/modem, computer, etc. may correct the problem as well.

Hope that helps!

BTW, I'm going to move this to the iPF Help area where you're likely to get a better response.

Welcome again and enjoy!

Most reactions