What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost TED app in my iPAD 1.

rreich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lost my original TED app in my iPAD 1. How can I recover it. The updated version v2 wont work in iOS5. Many thanks, Ricardo

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
rreich said:
Lost my original TED app in my iPAD 1. How can I recover it. The updated version v2 wont work in iOS5. Many thanks, Ricardo

Did you try looking in your AppStore purchased list?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Yes, the recent update to Ted made it iOS 6 only.

If you haven't synced your iPad to your iTunes, maybe that lower version is still in iTunes. If it is, then you can delete the Ted app on your iPad and put the one from iTunes over to it.

Of course, then you have to be extra careful to NOT update either the iPad or iTunes with the iPad (you'll have to be careful and not select "update all." Or, take a look at this thread to see how you can alter an app (no jail break required!) to make iTunes/your iPad think its not there (so it won't get/load an update):

http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=45537

The procedure is in post #28 and I can attest it works fine as I've used it a number of times while waiting to move to iOS 6...

If you have already updated the app in iTunes, then I'm afraid the version that will work with iOS 5 is gone. In that case, the only thing I can think of to do is to contact the developer, explain you have an iPad that only works on iOS 5 - and could they please send you the "old" app that DOES work on the iPad1.

Sorry. But developers (IMNSHO) tend to forget the iPad1 can't go further than iOS 5.

Marilyn

P.S. Almost forgot - if you've updated the app in iTunes, the old one may still be in your computer's recycle bin. You can always drag it out and save it on your desktop or in another folder. Then, you'll have it in case you don't modify the file (from the link I provided). Regardless - I hope it's still there for you. Good luck.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts