What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost My Youtube Icon

Gracie1982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since I updated my iPad 2 to ios6 I already lost my YouTube icon...I felt sad because my 2 year old son likes to watch his show in my iPad and he already know how to operate it..he just click the history there it is. No need to help him find his show. But now he can't do it anymore.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can download the free app Jasmine from the App Store. That will get YouTube back for you. Here's a couple of screenshots. Very easy to use.

image-2536636818.jpg

image-3894143570.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Gracie1982

Gracie1982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Kevin...I just uploaded it and it really works...thanks for the info.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wouldn't have been able to sleep tonight knowing that a two-year-old was missing his YouTube. Glad it works. Thanks for the feedback.

OP
Gracie1982

Gracie1982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 1 question Kevin....I tried to put all the shows that my son loves to watch in favorate...but I just noticed that it showed up in my Facebook account too....all the videos is posted in my fb account.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll have a look and see if I can figure out what's going on. That doesn't happen to me.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry. Can't figure that one out. My favorites are on my YouTube channel, not on my iPad. That might have something to do with it.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Check under in Settings > FaceBook. If the Jasmine app appears there, turn it off.

It's part of the new FaceBook integration. At some point the Jasmine app should have asked you for permission to use FaceBook, but it's early days, so who knows what is really happening.

I turned off both Calendars and Contacts, since I do not want FaceBook stuff showing up in those apps.

OP
Gracie1982

Gracie1982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Check under in Settings > FaceBook. If the Jasmine app appears there, turn it off.

It's part of the new FaceBook integration. At some point the Jasmine app should have asked you for permission to use FaceBook, but it's early days, so who knows what is really happening.

I turned off both Calendars and Contacts, since I do not want FaceBook stuff showing up in those apps.

Hi twerppoet. Thanks for the info. I tried to check the setting> Facebook but I don't see the jasmine app....maybe I will just delete the app and download it again?

Most reactions

Latest posts