What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost my movie

Mjvirginia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Via iTunes I downloaded a movie. Charge is on my credit card but I can't find the movie on my new iPad.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here are a few things you could check - some are obvious and you've probably done them already!!!

I guess that you've looked in the resident iPad 'Video' app, where they are all normally stored. This app separates up the various categories of video download 'TV programs', 'Films' etc. Did you rent or buy the video? If you rented it then, once you start to play it, you have only a limited time to complete your viewing. Some Forum members have not realised this and, having downloaded the film, play it for a few seconds to check it downloaded OK, then stop with the intention of viewing it later. Not a good idea!!

Next check in the iPod app and, on the left hand side of the screen, select 'Purchased'. All the videos that you've purchased should appear there. Since your credit card has been charged I'd expect to see it listed there.

Back to iTunes. After you purchased it, did the download complete? If the download is interrupted for any reason, the process pauses and can require you to restart it manually. Go to the iTunes 'Downloads' tab (bottom right hand side of the screen) and see if any pending downloads are listed there. A paused download will appear there with an icon that allows you to press and restart the download. It will start from where it left off. By the way, although you can purchase a video over 3G, it needs to be downloaded over WiFi - an Apple-imposed restriction. So, if you didn't have WiFi switched on, the download will have 'stalled' waiting for a WiFi link to become available.

If you purchased the film you could try to download it again. iTunes remembers what you've purchased and you should be able to download it again for free (since, if you purchased a lot of films, you'd never be able to store them all on your iPad, so you need the ability to delete a film from your iPad and then reload it again at some future date if you want to view it again).

If all of this fails, when your iTunes receipt arrives (by email) you could contact Apple with the details and get a refund.

Let us know how you get on. iTunes is great if all goes well, but you always sort of feel that you're at the mercy of an unthinking computer program somewhere out there in cyberspace.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts