What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for an App where I can store my favourite restaurants, places I visited etc.

brebre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, can anyone let me know if there is an App where I can load in information about restaurants I have been too, places or other interesting things I visited, etc.
But, would I would like to see is that, when I am in that area again, I can view on one single Google Map (based on where I am located) all the restaurants/places, which I have previously visited there.This way I can decide if I want to visit some of them again since they are close by.
thanks

Wizee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, can anyone let me know if there is an App where I can load in information about restaurants I have been too, places or other interesting things I visited, etc.
But, would I would like to see is that, when I am in that area again, I can view on one single Google Map (based on where I am located) all the restaurants/places, which I have previously visited there.This way I can decide if I want to visit some of them again since they are close by.
thanks
Trip Advisor will do the job

djh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GPS Log

Hi there, I use GPS Log which is fantastic - you create entries which can have photos, notes, tags etc attached and shows you all the locations on a map.

I use it for holidays and short breaks and it's just brilliant!

There is a free Lite version which allows you up to 5 entries to try out - I had it for 20 minutes before upgrading.

You can also upload to Facebook and other sites to share, either publicly or privately.

Highly recommended and the developer is very helpful.

OP
B

brebre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I've just downloaded it and it seems great. However, what I cannot figure out is how to create entries for places I have already been too. What I mean , the GPS system detects my actual location and shows on the map where I am now. How can I get it to point another location where I had been in the past and I would now like to create entries for that location.

djh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For adding locations, from the main list view, tap the map icon. Do a search, e.g. "Bangkok". Then tap the pin and select "add spike". Nb. For accurate search results for addresses, it's best to be zoomed in, viewing the city that the address is in.

crappa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to enter a place that can be found on the map, but you can't search for because of the lack of an address, without actually going there?

djh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to enter a place that can be found on the map, but you can't search for because of the lack of an address, without actually going there?

I think I know what you mean - as above but if you tap and hold on the map where you want to add, a pin will appear, tap on the pin and you have the option to create the new entry, called Spike This.

Hope that helps.

crappa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanx djh. I keep forgetting about the tap and hold feature. This was the only thing holding back from purchase, which just went through. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts