What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Login to iCloud

leosnijders

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is no new item. I cannot find the place where to login to iCloud. I saw on this forum I am not the only one ....
Leo :(

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
leosnijders said:
This is no new item. I cannot find the place where to login to iCloud. I saw on this forum I am not the only one ....
Leo :(

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

You need to log into iCloud.com on your computer.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
On the iPad you have to be running iOS 5, then you can login in Settings > iCloud. This lets you turn on/off the various features of iCloud.

You can not log into the icloud.com site with a mobile browser, including the iPad. You'll need to use a desktop. Before you get too irritated, hold in mind that there are very few things you can do on the site that can't be in the matching iPad app. The desktop website is for accessing your stuff when you don't have the iPad, or in the case of the iWorks apps a way to move documents between the iPad and computer.

Here is a list of the few things (that I know of) that you can do on the site but not the iPad.

• Send a share link to another iCloud user for a calendar or reminders list.
  • Reset your PhotoStream (remove all photos from it).
  • See your Reminders and Calendars stuff on a single screen.

There are probably a couple more, but I haven't been using the icloud.com site enough to discover them.

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you Twerppoet, your posts are so informative and helpful as always! :)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I, second that Leelai!! Thanks twerppoet for good info on the iCloud. Since I am running xp, I cannot access the cloud website. So far I have been doing fine without using the cloud, with the exception of downloading apps to other devices. Thanks again"

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
No problem. I was already typing when you posted, or I'd have said a little less. :D

No don't ever say less ;). I always enjoy reading and learning from what you post. It is very much appreciated!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I, second that Leelai!! Thanks twerppoet for good info on the iCloud. Since I am running xp, I cannot access the cloud website. So far I have been doing fine without using the cloud, with the exception of downloading apps to other devices. Thanks again"

Strange, it's just a website, though not mobile compatible (at least not Safari mobile compatible). You should be able to visit it with any reasonably up to date desktop browser.

Or are you not using iCloud at all because you can't use it to sync to the Windows XP computer?

P.S. After I typed the above I took a break to check my alternate browsers; Chrome and Firefox. Chrome worked fine. Apparently I've let Firefox languish too long without updates and need a new version before it will work.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No don't ever say less ;). I always enjoy reading and learning from what you post. It is very much appreciated!

I just meant I would not have had to mention that you can't log into icloud.com on the iPad; since you already covered that. I'd have blathered on about the other stuff anyway. ;)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Strange, it's just a website, though not mobile compatible (at least not Safari mobile compatible). You should be able to visit it with any reasonably up to date desktop browser.

Or are you not using iCloud at all because you can't use it to sync to the Windows XP computer?

P.S. After I typed the above I took a break to check my alternate browsers; Chrome and Firefox. Chrome worked fine. Apparently I've let Firefox languish too long without updates and need a new version before it will work.
It's more that I cannot sync to windows xp, but really-I have no need for photo stream. I have my calendars synced nicely...assuming by the other email cloud services (gmail and outlook). You are right, i am able to get to the website, it is the syncing that is my problem. When I find the need to use iCloud more in the future I will give it a try.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I see. Just wanted to make sure you knew it was there, if you had a use for it; which wouldn't be much if you are using GMail. :)

Fowlski

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hells bells people I have no idea how to manage the storage on the iCloud or login into it,I have my iPad iPhone iPod all linked nicely for streaming and I can't use any more even though I bought a extra 15gb for storage and have 13.2gb or so left and now i can't use my camera devices in particular as the storage issue keeps comin up and I have no idea how to mange it,can anyone shed any light on this,any input would be grateful,cheers fowlski :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup > Manage Storage.

From there you can see how much storage your backups are taking by device and how much space is being consumed by apps that use the Documents and Data feature.

Individual backups can be deleted. Open a devices backup and you can turn apps on/off for being backed up.

You can also see if Mail is hogging too much space.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts