Logging on to the network

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by mari0n, Mar 8, 2011.

1. mari0n

mari0n iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi I have been using my Ipad which I received as a gift at Christmas and was especially pleased to have it when I was admitted to hospital with pneumonia.

However!!

When I first began to use the ipad and several times over the past few weeks the Ipad has not been able to access my inhouse wireless netgear. Yesterday, in absolute frustration, I took a drive to the local McDonalds to see if the equipment was working. I was able to access the network at the McDonalds but when I came home the ipad would not access my router. I later had a visitor who has an iphone and computer and both and immediately began to pick up my router netgear system (so my system and the ipad are working ok). So it is back to my ipad not connecting to the Netgear. From what I see on the internet this is not a singular problem, but one experienced by people, including those in Brisbane. I did visit the Apple store in Chermside for an introduction session but no mention was made of trobleshooting.

Does anyone have any other suggestions :confused:
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Did you try Col.Bris solution? See this thread

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/18642-wifi-connection-issues-since-last-update.html#post141000

Tim
    Scotland