What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

locked ipad

sim2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
has anyone got any answers, i have forgotton my passcode and have new laptop with no back up can i get pass this? i have tried to restore but after it starts it says i need passcode

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is not possible to retrieve a forgotten passcode from an iPad2, and coupled with a new laptop, your only option is to restore it to a factory fresh state on IOS 6.0.1.

In order to do this, you are going to have to use a special mode, known as DFU mode. We have a guide here, to help you get into DFU mode - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/27489-dfu-mode-dummies.html. This is the only way restore a passcode locked device on a new machine.

Once you are in DFU mode (the screen will remain black, but iTunes on your PC will recognise the device), you will then be able to press the "Restore" button and iTunes will put IOS 6.0.1 on there. It will completely wipe all the information from your device, but since you have forgotten the passcode, you have no option but to do that :(

Good luck.

Most reactions

Latest posts