What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loading jpegs onto ipad2 va SD card

cameramandan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I understand if I create a DCIM folder on my SD card I can load jpegs onto it and then onto the ipad2. Well, this works for some jpegs and not others. All have been made in photoshop but it seems the smaller files are recognised and larger ones are not... But this isn't a consistent case. Any clues why one jpeg will be recognised and another not..? Thanks, DJ in oz...

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apparently the file name must be in a certain format to be recognized.

From Apple:

"About file formats
iPad Camera Connection Kit imports most media files on the camera or SD card, regardless of whether that format is compatible with iPad. If you are unable to view certain images or videos, verify that they are in an iPad compatible format, or import them to your computer for viewing. In certain instances, attempting to play content that your iPad does not support may cause the Photos app to close.

Only device-created files are supported. If you copy files from another device or manually edit or rename files on the digital camera or SD card, the iPad may be unable to detect and import these images or videos."

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Cameramandan - welcome to the forum! :)

This is an oft asked question and plenty of threads & posts already exist here - a little searching might be helpful?

But, check out THIS THREAD for some interesting discussion. The simple answer is that a SD card from a digital camera or a USB attachment to the camera using the iPad CCK are the two means of getting images onto the iPad w/ the camera connection kit; however, if you want to try to add your images to a camera's SD card, i.e. in the appropriate folder (DCIM) and then rename the images, it might work? Let us know your results - :thumbs:

OP
C

cameramandan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, interesting which files load and which not. I will try renaming the files and see if that breaks the code. And yes, I will advise ... Dj

Most reactions

Latest posts