What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't play videos from my 3rd party camera connection kit with SD card

Fourseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum. Using 16gb Wifi iPad 2, 4.3.3, jb with Spirit. I have a 3rd party camera connection kit (cck) and I'm having problems with it, have tried reading this forum and other forums but haven't quite come across the problem I have. Hope someone can help me out!

My problem is that the error message "this accessory is not supported by iPad" won't stop popping up during video playback. I can play videos from my SD card/USB stick using iFile, but the playback keeps getting interrupted by this popup message, approximately every 3-4 min it'll just pop up and if I dismiss it, the video will hang. I can replay the video but in 3-4min, the message comes up again. And again and again. This is when I put the video file in the root folder without the DCIM folder.

If I create the DCIM folder, I get a different problem, and that is, the Photos app won't stop opening up. Meaning to say, when I attach the cck to the iPad the first time, the Photos app pops up, as it's supposed to. I will either close it or put it in the back ground and go to iFile. Within 3-4 min, the Photos app will automatically open again, interrupting my video playback. And it goes on and on. I wish I knew how to stop it from popping up, it's so irritating.

Thanks for your help in advance. I purposely bought a 16gb iPad because I thought I could use the cck and save on buying an iPad with more memory. But thus far it's not working, sadly. Want to watch movies on it from my SD card.

Fourseven

Most reactions

Latest posts