What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Live or hotmail

santoshbmw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello team
I am Able to setup all my email address excluding live or hotmail email address. Please advise.

J.Alfuraih

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
jadealfuraih.wordpress.com
For hotmail / live address you need go to mail > add account > Microsoft hotmail
Then fill in your email, password (for your email account) and description (the name you would like to appear for this account)
Click Next and wait for verification. Then choose what you would like your mail to sync with. Thats it!

If this does not work then check you have the correct password / email address as it will not tell you if they are wrong (just that it was unable to verify)

Alternatively, if this does not work then you could try this way

Mail > Add account > Microsoft Exchange

Then fill in your email, domain (LEAVE BLANK), username (your email again), password (for your email account) and description

Click Next and it will come up with another field called Server. Put m.hotmail.com

Click Next and wait for verification, then choose what you want to sync with and that's it.

Hope this helps.

garstongal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have just tried both these methods but am getting a 'cannot get mail' message... :-(

Have just tried again using Exchange, now it repeatedly says my password is incorrect.

Last edited:

garstongal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I already have a gmail account which works no problem, unfortunately I need the other one for work emails. I wonder if it's because it is a live@edu account that I'm having these problems. I wouldn't mind, but the website is pretty poor when accessed on mobile devices, which is why I thought I'd add it to Mail in the first place...
Thanks for the suggestion though.

Last edited:

Nomad04

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same problem with my exchange email. My work requires I change my password every couple of months. Each time I change my password, I go in to my settings on my iPad and on my iPhone and update the email and each time it tells me it cannot verify the account because the password is incorrect. I KNOW I have the correct password because I JUST changed it. It happened once before and after a couple of months of trying I finally got it to work... Just in time to be required to change my password again and again I am having the same problem! This is FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!

garstongal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good news, though I'm not sure what happened....five days on and suddenly all my live@edu account mail has started coming through under the Hotmail account I added to Mail! All on its own, after I had given up hope... so glad I didn't delete the account I set up in Mail, or I would never have known!

Most reactions

Latest posts