What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HOTMAIL unable to receive some

Zahzel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have lots of email accounts ie gmail, live and hotmail
some of my hotmail accounts are not able to receive email all of a sudden
I did the pop3.live.com and all the other things people say on the internet.
What is going on?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you say that your Hotmail accounts are not able to receive email, I'm unsure as to exactly what you mean. Do you mean that the iPad's Mail app checks your Hotmail account but simply fails to download email messages that you know are waiting to be downloaded and read, or do you mean that the iPad doesn't even check your Hotmail account?

Tim

Rigor Mortis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. I have a similar problem. My iPad 2 doesn't even check my hotmail account. I set up my hotmail using the exchange option. My problem is that apple mail ask me for my hotmail password and give me an error saying cannot get mail, the connection to the server failed.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
It seems that Hotmail just doesn't work properly.

I also use Hotmail and it is setup as an exchange account and sometimes it loads email fine, but othertimes, it either gives an error message "can't contact server. Talk to admin", or Mail shows that it has refreshed emails, but it doesn't show any new emails. I have no idea why this happens, because Hotmail is setup properly and nothing on my part has changed.

This sporadic behavior of not downloading emails also happenes with Outlook, when Hotmail is setup as a POP account. Though sending emails does always work.

Most reactions