What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

limera1n and future iOS 4.2 on iPad

sendas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I've just used limera1n on my iPad and iPhone, and everything's ok.

When the iOS 4.2 comes out, will I still be apple to use all my downloaded apps with ****** ? If not, let's say I upgrade to 4.2 and all the apps are still on the iPad (even tough not working). Is it possible to install an upgraded version of limera1n for iOS 4.2 (when it comes out) in order to get them working again?

Thanks

Pedro

Last edited by a moderator:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First of all, welcome to the forum!

Second of all...

As much as we support your right to jailbreak your iPad, we do not allow the discussion of cracked apps or any software that is acquired by any method other than that intended by the author, owner, publisher or developer.

OP
S

sendas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What? I've been reading all kind of posts related do cracked apps and jailbreaking, and different kinds of jb, I don't really understand this message...

OP
S

sendas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so... why the hell is this forum called iPad Hacking ? lol :X

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hacking, as we define it on this forum, is exploiting the capabilities of the hardware through jailbreaking. That is 100% OK.

Cracked apps is theft and there is no other way to describe it. It is not allowed... period.

Elliottf4i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope neither do 90%of the people who show up here ...people be come numb to the rules part of forum...people over forums like this do tend to get the god syndrome. Not saying this one Is just throwing that out there .and I understand you want to take up for your fellow forum buddy or buddies..but all in all just be nicer to the people who stop in to ask a question ..because if it wasn't for people just stoping in this forum would not be here :)

rossi636

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is funny. Any here about the android port to iPhone? When do u think it will hit iPad ?

Todd M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone answer this question then? When 4.2 hits, will my jailbroken 3.2.2 iPad remain jailbroken, or will I have to wait for a new exploit to be unearthed and then re-jailbreak?

Some confusion surrounds the whole GreePois0n and Limera1n claims that this jailbreaks the devices forever and no matter what iOS comes down the pipe, it will remain jailbroken. Is this correct?

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You will have jailbreak the device again if you update to a new OS version. The term "jailbroken forever" simply means the exploit itself cannot be (software) patched by Apple, it doesn't mean your device will stay jailbroken forever.

Todd M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You will have jailbreak the device again if you update to a new OS version. The term "jailbroken forever" simply means the exploit itself cannot be (software) patched by Apple, it doesn't mean your device will stay jailbroken forever.

Thx for the info!

dkazaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What about jailbreak apps? I do NOT mean pirated apps, I mean iFile, terminal, OpenSSH, sbsetting etc. I assume they get wiped by the iOS upgrade, and then you need to re-jailbreak, and reinstall them from scratch?

Most reactions

Latest posts