What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Large pdfs

Viva_Terlingua

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a first edition iPad. While the iPad 2 looks cool, it doesn't seem to be that much better for me to justify the upgrade. However, there is one issue I have with the iPad that would cause me to upgrade. The 1st generation iPad seems sluggish to me when I open large pdf files in Good Reader or IAnnotate. Is the iPad 2 noticeably better in this regard?

funtoosh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have never owned iPad 1 but as iPad 2 has better CPU and double ram it definitely should give better results

Kapil

mobi1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try Cloud Reader and it can open very large PDFs without problem. iBook is not good opening large PDFs.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There was another thread on this a few weeks back. The general consensus was that the iPad 2 was significantly faster with large PDFs in GoodReader. Not supper lightning faster than the eye faster, but faster.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem. Searching is always a good idea, but doesn't always find what you want. Which is why I only mentioned the thread instead of searching for and posting a link. :)

I only mentioned the thread so I could spread the blame around, just in case you got an iPad 2, disagreed, and came back with blood in your eye. ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts