What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kindle book conversion

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why would you want to do that? Just download the free Kindle app from the iPad's App Store. Then you can read all your Kindle books just fine.

Tim

OP
A

admbrown

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kindle books conversion to IBooks

Why would you want to do that? Just download the free Kindle app from the iPad's App Store. Then you can read all your Kindle books just fine.

Tim
I downloaded the Kindle app to my IPAD 2 but it does not sync to the Kindle app / books on my Dell PC. So I thought this would be an alternate approach

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, that's weird. One of Amazon's selling points for their Kindle is that you can sync books across all types of devices, to include iPads, desktops and laptops.

I'd recommend you check your Amazon settings - you may not have some box ticked or something that'll allow that Dell to sync (or that will allow the iPad2) to sync with each device you have.

Worse comes to worse, Amazon's customer support are awesome with their help.

Good luck.

Marilyn

berniw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Ok, that's weird. One of Amazon's selling points for their Kindle is that you can sync books across all types of devices, to include iPads, desktops and laptops.

I'd recommend you check your Amazon settings - you may not have some box ticked or something that'll allow that Dell to sync (or that will allow the iPad2) to sync with each device you have.

Worse comes to worse, Amazon's customer support are awesome with their help.

Good luck.

Marilyn

I use kindle for iPad but it does not allow you to copy and paste feature making it hard to do research. I want o know if there
is a way to download purchased books from amazon and read on iPad?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use kindle for iPad but it does not allow you to copy and paste feature making it hard to do research. I want o know if there is a way to download purchased books from amazon and read on iPad?

If you mean is there a way to take a book from Amazon, designed to be read on the Kindle (with all appropriate Digital Rights Management, DRM, software loaded on the book) and read it on the iPad in an app other than the Kindle app - no, there is not.

Kindle books can only be read on the Kindle app, as a general rule. There is a way to remove the DRM, but that's illegal in some countries, in a highly gray area in others and not something to discuss here on this forum.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts