What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keyboard separated on screen

OP
C

capri39

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks! Such a simple fix. Can that be turned on somehow w/o going to settings, etc?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
capri39 said:
Thanks! Such a simple fix. Can that be turned on somehow w/o going to settings, etc?

This might help you.....

image-351714833.jpg

The Archangel

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In addition, if you don't want to permanently disable the split function of the keyboard, you can can put the keyboard "back to normal" by pressing the key with the keyboard on it (bottom right of keyboard). You'll get this pop-up:

View attachment 33983

Select the pop-up and your keyboard will go back to normal. In the same way, you can press that key to MAKE your keyboard undock and/or split.

Marilyn

P.S. Had to use the phone to take the picture. That pop-up disappeared faster than my iPad's screenshot could go! :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can also place a finger on each half of the keyboard and bring them together.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
And don't forget the swipe functions....once the keyboard is up, you can simply use that same key to drag it up...and it will split automatically. Once it is split, you can use two fingers, one on each size, at the same time, and pinch them together. The keyboard will unsplit...and remained undocked. Two fingers again (one swiping to the right, the other to the left) will split. I find this faster than using the press and hold option, if you have two fingers free.

I wish my android tablets has this split/undock feature.

Most reactions

Latest posts