What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keyboard - Prevent auto display

GaryWilliams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

There is an online booking website I access with my iPad. Whenever I hit the booking forms' calendar feature, the Ipads keyboard automatically displays. How can I stop this?

Cheers

Gary

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi All,

There is an online booking website I access with my iPad. Whenever I hit the booking forms' calendar feature, the Ipads keyboard automatically displays. How can I stop this?

Hi Gary - welcome to the forum! :) I'm sure that you've discovered the icon at the lower right end of the on-screen keyboard (KB) that will temporarily make it disappear (see the attached pic - arrow); also, if a BT KB is attached, then the other is disabled. Now, going into settings will show a number of 'KB options' but not sure there is a choice to disable it from appearing; does the website offer options? - hopefully, others w/ a solution will 'chime in' - Dave
IMG_4372.PNG

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If the website automatically opens and makes a text entry field active, then there is no way to prevent the keyboard from opening. The keyboard activates whenever you have a cursor in a text entry field.

Ibill

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yep, Apple needs to work on that key board. HATE them deciding to switch me from the numeric board when THEY want me to. PUT THE NUMBERS ON THE ALPHA BOARD!

Most reactions

Latest posts