Keyboard - Prevent auto display

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by GaryWilliams, Nov 17, 2015.

1. GaryWilliams

GaryWilliams
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hi All,

There is an online booking website I access with my iPad. Whenever I hit the booking forms' calendar feature, the Ipads keyboard automatically displays. How can I stop this?

Cheers

Gary

2. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Hi Gary - welcome to the forum! :) I'm sure that you've discovered the icon at the lower right end of the on-screen keyboard (KB) that will temporarily make it disappear (see the attached pic - arrow); also, if a BT KB is attached, then the other is disabled. Now, going into settings will show a number of 'KB options' but not sure there is a choice to disable it from appearing; does the website offer options? - hopefully, others w/ a solution will 'chime in' - Dave
    IMG_4372.PNG

3. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    If the website automatically opens and makes a text entry field active, then there is no way to prevent the keyboard from opening. The keyboard activates whenever you have a cursor in a text entry field.

4. Ibill

Ibill
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Yep, Apple needs to work on that key board. HATE them deciding to switch me from the numeric board when THEY want me to. PUT THE NUMBERS ON THE ALPHA BOARD!