What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keeps timing out when connecting to the Apps store

Easygoingdave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I try and connect to the Apps store it keeps timing out. If I do a hard reset, it will connect straight away. However, if I try again later, it times out again. Any ideas?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you say 'timing out' what exactly do you mean? What error message are you getting - or is it that it simply doesn't connect?

Tim

OP
E

Easygoingdave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry I am not technical, but the connect circle keeps turning but nothing happens. this can go on for about 5 mins.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - by hard reset, do you mean holding down the Power button until the slider control appears and then switching off?

Another approach that might work....return to the Home screen...now double press the Home button to open up the multi-task bar. Now press and hold any icon until they all start to jiggle. Now touch the upper left hand corner of the App Store icon to completely close it (doesn't delete it, just completely shuts it down).

Now see if the problem persists....

Tim

OP
E

Easygoingdave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No I press and hold the sleep/wake and home button at the same time for 10 secs. I will try closing it from the multi-task bar, to see if that works! tks

Most reactions

Latest posts