What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jimmy Iovine Says He’s Definitely Not Leaving Apple

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Jimmy Iovine says he is definitely not leaving Apple.JPG

In an exclusive report from Variety, Jimmy Iovine has totally refuted rumours that we reported on last week that said he would be leaving Apple in August.
“I am almost 65, have been with Apple for four years and in 2 ½ years the [Apple Music] service has gotten to well over 30 million subscribers and Beats has continued its successful run. But there’s still a lot more we’d like to do. I am committed to doing whatever Eddy [Cue], Tim [Cook] and Apple need me to do, to help wherever and however I can, to take this all the way. I am in the band.”

Iovine was making the comments at the Grammy Museum on Monday night where he was attending a screening and Q&A for the Grammy-nominated HBO documentary, “The Defiant Ones,” which is the life stories of Iovine and his Beats co-founder and rap legend, Dr. Dre.

Iovine also said that he was unhappy with the way in which the false rumours of his departure from Apple focused on monetary issues, referring to his stock vesting in August.
“All this stuff you’re seeing in the news papers, let me tell you, my stock vested a long time ago. We need Donald Trump here to call it ‘fake news,’” he joked. “There is a tiny portion of stock that vests in August, but that’s not what I think about. My contract is up in August, but the funny thing is, I don’t have a contract. I have a deal, and certain things happen along that deal. The bottom line is I’m loyal to the guys at Apple. I love Apple, and I really love musicians. That’s why these articles annoyed me, because it had nothing to do with reality. It made it out to be all about money.”

Image source: The Defiant Ones

Source: Jimmy Iovine Shoots Down Rumors He’s Leaving Apple (EXCLUSIVE)

Most reactions

Latest posts