What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreaking now legal!

Timmah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I fail to see the big deal in this...
I mean, we could jailbreak anyway and not get introuble, but I guess it adds that extra protection "feeling"
xD

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why don't apple just allow every apps to be downloaded? They would make more money if they do.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What kind of games does Steve jobs have in store to fight this one, updates every 30 days :confused:

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now that jail breaking is legal, I'm currious if this forum will support more discussions and posting on jailbreaking

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sadly this changes nothing. Apple still disproves and will void the warranty of any iPad or iPhone that is jailbroken.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sadly this changes nothing. Apple still disproves and will void the warranty of any iPad or iPhone that is jailbroken.

That shouldn't change the view of this forum as jailbreaking is now legal. The forum frowned on supporting the topic because jailbreaking was ileagle

deaffob

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That shouldn't change the view of this forum as jailbreaking is now legal. The forum frowned on supporting the topic because jailbreaking was ileagle

Jailbreaking was never in any point illegal.

Are We On The Cusp Of A Jailbroken App Revolution?

I quote "Jay Freeman, who runs Cydia, what many in the industry refer to as the “Jailbroken App Store,†posits that what today’s ruling did change was awareness; “More people will jailbreak their phones. Now that they think it’s legal.“"

Also, "And Freeman thinks we’re on the the cusp of a jailbroken app revolution, but not directly related to today’s ruling; “As far as I know it is now and it always has been legal to jailbreak. If it wasn’t I would be receiving complaints from Apple’s lawyers.â€"

People please stop saying it's not legal. It has been always legal to jail break.

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As a point, this is an international forum isn't it?

As such, I care nothing about your silly American laws.. ;) (we have plenty of our own without having to deal with another nations stupidity as well as ours!)

Not that I've jail broken any of my apple hardware, but its the principle of it!

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
As a point, this is an international forum isn't it?

As such, I care nothing about your silly American laws.. ;) (we have plenty of our own without having to deal with another nations stupidity as well as ours!)

Not that I've jail broken any of my apple hardware, but its the principle of it!

lol... have to agree with you :p ..... Most of these pointless and silly things are on the books just as a jobs program for bureaucrats. As I said on another forum.... Here in Texas, when we buy something we OWN it. If I want to take my iPhone and jailbreak it, or run over it with my car, or use it as a hockey puck... it ain't nobodies business but my own..... and yes, I do have my iPhone JB'd... so I can tether it to my iPad and break the AT&T user agreement :D

cmalinowski

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe that Apple was using the "it is illegal to break a lock on something that protects copyrighted material" to argue the legality of jailbreaking. Thus, in the eyes of some, that meant it was illegal.

To those of us who thought that was bunk, we never thought that jailbreaking was illegal.

But to say it was never illegal is a bit misleading. It wasn't illegal to "use your device however you want" which was (one of) the arguments for jailbreaking being legal. But if you throw that copyright stuff in there, it got into a hairy area is my guess.

Now, it's not hairy :)

Just my thoughts. I am in no way necessarily correct nor well informed. I just read stuff on the internet.

Chris

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
cmalinowski said "Just my thoughts. I am in no way necessarily correct nor well informed. I just read stuff on the internet.

Chris"

Hat's off to you my friend :) - you are a wise and honest soul :D

Most reactions

Latest posts