What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreak no longer working on iPad 2

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It was a bit of a surprised to me as I had not saved my blobs, but cydia did for me.

First you need to ever have been on 4.3.3 jailbroken. I dont think I can post links but if you google how to downgrade from 5.1 to 4.3.3, pick the web from redmond pie.
You need TU to get your blobs from cydia for 4.3.3. Also at some stage youu will be asked to amend one file on your pc to trick itunes into thinking that the installation of the ios is checked against apple.

Give it a got, the instructions are very clear on the website and ask if you have any question.

Ah...also you will need to download the custom firmware for your version before doing all that.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
How did you manage to downgrade to 4.3.3?Every other thread I've read on the subject says it's impossible.

4.x is fine if you have saved blobs and don't have a CDMA device. Our tutorials on Tiny Umbrella and TinyCFW explain how depending on what model iPad2 you have.

http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...-your-ipad-using-tinyumbrella-shsh-blobs.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...-restore-4-3-3-ipad2-3g-saved-shsh-blobs.html

5.x is impossible.

Hope that clarifies.

Last edited:

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And most of what I miss from ios5 I can get it from Cydia.

To be ok I just need Jelly SMS. I bought the app a while ago but I can not find an old version as the current one does not work on versions older than ios 5.

Most reactions

Latest posts