What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jailbreak ipad 2 on 4.3.5(8L1)

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What do I need to jailbreak above ipad? Txs

OP
Semel

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If I can restore to 5.0.1 with saved blobs I can use Absinth right? Otherwise I have to update to the latest firmware and wait for a JB?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The answer to your first post is "nothing." That iOS version on the iPad2 is not jailbreak able (only 4.3.3 is jail breakable on the iPad2).

The answer to your second post is yes, if you can install iOS 5.0.1 on your iPad2, then it can be jail broken with Absinthe. See this thread for the latest news on using those blobs to downgrade to that iOS: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=69625

Marilyn

bego9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I am really new and no idea how to use ipad2 especially about jail break.
But I am adventurous person so
I've got this ipad2 4.3.5 (8L1).
Could you please guide me step by step how to jail break it?
I read that I need to upgrade to v 5.01 then I will be able to jail break it then how to upgrade to v5.01 from 4.3.5?
thanks for your help, time and assistance.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi, I am really new and no idea how to use ipad2 especially about jail break.
But I am adventurous person so
I've got this ipad2 4.3.5 (8L1).
Could you please guide me step by step how to jail break it?
I read that I need to upgrade to v 5.01 then I will be able to jail break it then how to upgrade to v5.01 from 4.3.5?
thanks for your help, time and assistance.

Welcome to iPadForums.

It's impossible to upgrade to iOS 5.X unless you have SHSH blobs with proper APTickets saved. If this is the first time you've ever heard of blobs or APTickets, then more than likely you do not have them. You can tethered jailbreak it using RedSn0w, which is tedious and will net you with little to no support in both Cydia and the Apple AppStore as most apps requires at least iOS 5.1 if not iOS 6.0 minimum. You're better off upgrading to iOS 7.0.6 while it's still being signed, and jailbreak using Evasi0n7.

To upgrade to 7.0.6, you can follow this. To jailbreak using Evasi0n7 afterwards, you can follow this.

bego9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed itune and connect ipad via usb. it shows 5.1.1 available to download.
I've tried this when I press shift + restore and the locate the psw then it shows could not be restored because the firmware file is not compatible.

Just found out it is IPAD 1 ..doughh!! so that psw above belong to ipad 2.

So do you think I am still able to jailbreak?
do i need to update to 5.1.1 and then jailbreak using Evasi0n7? link please...
thanks in advance.

edit: i found one but using Absinthe. is this okay? sorry, I cannot post the link since not more than 3 post.
hm..comments says not working.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I installed itune and connect ipad via usb. it shows 5.1.1 available to download.
I've tried this when I press shift + restore and the locate the psw then it shows could not be restored because the firmware file is not compatible.

Just found out it is IPAD 1 ..doughh!! so that psw above belong to ipad 2.

So do you think I am still able to jailbreak?
do i need to update to 5.1.1 and then jailbreak using Evasi0n7? link please...
thanks in advance.

edit: i found one but using Absinthe. is this okay? sorry, I cannot post the link since not more than 3 post.
hm..comments says not working.

Yes, the highest iOS that can be installed on an iPad1 is iOS 5.1.1. And, you can't jail break the iPad1 with the evasi0n tools as they are for iOS 7.

However, the good news is that you can use one of several jail break methods/tools to jail break an iPad1 on iOS 5.1.1. See them at this link: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24377-jailbreaking-methods-ipad.html

So, upgrade your iPad1 to iOS 5.1.1 (either via iTunes directly or using the DFU mode + shift/restore ... whichever you prefer). If you elect to do it manually via the DFU mode, you will need to have the iOS 5.1.1 IPSW file. You can get that here: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24939-official-apple-ios-firmware-download-links-ipad.html

Then, you can jail break it. I DO recommend you make a backup in iTunes first so you don't lose your data and settings.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts