What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ITunes thinks my iPad is sync'd with another computer

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently jail broke my iPad and have been using IFunbox for the interface with my iPad. The other day, I went to sync with iTunes, just to get a good back up and iTunes tells me my iPad is sync'd with another computer. Is there a way to fix this without erasing what's on my iPad now and syncing it with the back up I made before I jail broke it? I have a tone of stuff on it I don't want to loose if I can avoid having to resync with an old back up.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
C

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
***Update*** this issue annoyed me to the point that I did a factory restore to factory settings and it still thought it was sync'd to another computer. So I uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes, no help still doing it. No one has any idea what is going with this? I rejailbroke it and it still does it, I am stumped.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
How did you go back to factory settings? Did you perform a full restore in iTunes? If so, did you also restore your settings from backup? That will be the problem if you did. You will need to choose the option which is to "set up as a new device". Otherwise the problem will reoccur since your faulty / corrupt sync settings will be restored from your backup.

Troubleina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dont think i can post a link can i? How about if you message me. I found a thread on another site with quite a bit of info.

OP
C

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
How did you go back to factory settings? Did you perform a full restore in iTunes? If so, did you also restore your settings from backup? That will be the problem if you did. You will need to choose the option which is to "set up as a new device". Otherwise the problem will reoccur since your faulty / corrupt sync settings will be restored from your backup.

I set it up as new device. As soon as I connected it to ITunes following the set up as new device, I got the sync'd with another computer message.

Last edited:
OP
C

chevyguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Troubleina said:
I dont think i can post a link can i? How about if you message me. I found a thread on another site with quite a bit of info.

Messaged. Thank you.

Most reactions

Latest posts