What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes store throws snit over my Apple ID

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
According to apple tech support, this shouldn’t have happened but did. I tried to use some paid-for software which was already running, was told I needed to pay to unlock all the features.

I went to app store to see whether it recognized that I’d paid. It said “Open” rather than a price. I tried to download it again in hopes it would jog the iTunes store’s memory. I was asked for my iTunes password. I keep this in a Numbers spreadsheet. Upon trying to launch Numbers, I was asked for my iTunes password!

Apple said it shouldn’t have happened - yet it did and they have no clue why.

This doesn’t pass the smell test. It doesn’t seem reasonable that their server would ask for credentials when I wasn’t trying to purchase anything, or when I was trying to use software that is either paid for or free - including Safari!

Seems like a very, very fragile system in need of a serious overhaul.

Last edited:

Most reactions