What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes Store sort option?

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I do a search in the iTunes store, is there any way to sort the results by highest/best rating?

OP
G

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Judging by the lack of responses, I assume the answer is no. You'd think with all the money Apple has, they'd be able to afford a simple sort feature.

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
Even if they had such a thing it would be rendered usless by the review/rating system Apple allows. 1 Star ratings for good apps are common when people find some issue not even relative to the app to complain about. For instance, almost every subscription based magazine gets a bunch of poor ratings because people believe they shouldn't have to pay for the in-app articles if they already pay for the hard copy of that magazine. I'm not advocating the additional charge just saying that the review is really not about the app at all, but about the pricing policy set by the developer. In comparison, some 5 stars ratings are inflated by family, friends, co-workers, fans, etc. of the app developers.
I wish I had a nickel for ever 1 star rating in iTunes because someone reported that an app wouldn't load. I have had two generations of iPhones and iPads and have yet to have an app not load. I suspect a lot of these complaints stem from people who really don't understand the device and its configurations.

Most reactions

Latest posts