iTunes store and other apps in French! Help!!!

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by Greasy rani, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Greasy rani

Greasy rani iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello all,

I'm new to the site and new to iPads in general, but I just got this new iPad3 from my work and it seems to work fine until I go into my app store or iTunes itself... It seems to want to default to the French version. Now if I go to support (or the French version of support) it takes me to the webpage and defaults back to English!!! I'm very confused... Anyone seen this before??? My best guess is I have the French option checked somewhere inside the app but can't find it to get back to English, can anyone walk me through this?

2. coolstuffs

coolstuffs iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    See if this work for you. Go to "Settings", then tap "International". Tap "Language" and select "English".

3. jizkid

jizkid iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Indeed I have the same problem. My settings are in English, but for some strange reason I keep sometimes getting mails from apple store in French.
    I did unfortunately not find a solution to this problem yet.

4. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,317 / 2
    Did you try the solution offered by coolstuffs in the post previous to yours?

5. jizkid

jizkid iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Originally Posted by jizkid

Indeed I have the same problem. My settings are in English, but for some strange reason I keep sometimes getting mails from apple store in French.
    I did unfortunately not find a solution to this problem yet.

Hello scifan57,
    Yes, indeed I already tried this immediately after it occurred. (Luckily I am not a computer newbie, ;-) )
    The strange thing is, that it occurred right after the upgrade to iOS5. Right after the upgrade I connected to iCloud, and for some strange reason that was partly in French. I have never been able to change that, so up to now I do not have "reminders" but instead "rappels", and my agenda's are not called "personal" and "work", but "Personnel" and "Travail".
    Well I can live with that, my French is quite good, but I still wonder what can have gone wrong.

6. coolstuffs

coolstuffs iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    If your're willing, try "reset all settings". But before doing it do a reading of the reset effects/consequences and do a backup just in case.

7. jizkid

jizkid iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That might be a good idea coolstuff. But it is of course a major pain to get all settings back again. :-(
    Although I think it will not help, I suspect the problem being in the apple store itself.

In the mean time I have a strange problem with my virtual keyboard, over there the reset of all settings might help.