What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes radio

Billee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I access the iTunes store using my PC, I can use the "radio" option to listen to streamed music.

Is there a way to do this with the iPad alone?

Last edited:
OP
B

Billee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mm, not that i know. try the radio.com app or the pandora app.

So the bottom line is that Apple iTunes is more functional for PC users than it is for Apple iPad users.

Thanks Steve J, you've restored my faith in the general law of fallibility.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First of all, iTunes the computer program is the all-encompassing portal to content from Apple. Not only do you acquire content through iTunes, but you can also listen to your audio selections with the same program. On the iPad, however, iTunes is merely the place where you purchase your music and movies. but when you want to play your music or podcasts, you have to use the iPod app. And when you want to acquire apps, you go to the App Store, not iTunes. I do agree that using the same name for two different things can be confusing... at first.

As far as the iTunes PC program being more functional just because it can do more is really a hollow complaint IMHO. The iPad was not meant to replace your personal computer or laptop. It is a consumption device. If you want to "consume" streaming audio, there are several apps that allow you to do this. Some are free and some cost a few dollars. When you add them up, they give me far more choices than the Radio option on the iTunes computer program.

I think the fact that you consider this a failure on Apple's part means you haven't fully researched the iPad and its capabilities.

Last edited:
OP
B

Billee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the fact that you consider this a failure on Apple's part means you haven't fully researched the iPad and its capabilities.

Please forgive me. I'm a recent convert to the Apple Way and I have been having problems purging my brain of impure thoughts regarding being able to do what I want to do.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But doing something that you want to do and having a device or software do what it is designed to do may not necessarily be the same thing!

Most reactions