What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A couple of itunes questions

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just recently downloaded the newest version of itunes on my PC and I need a little help with it.

First, when I open itunes now, it goes to my albums instead of to the store. Is there any way to have it open to the store by default?

Also, I can't seem to find where the radio stations list is now. Is it still accessible somewhere or did they remove it?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There is no way that I know of to have it open the store by default.

The Radio button should be at the top when you are in the Library screen; along with Songs, Album, Artists, etc.

iTunesRadio.png

OP
G

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks. Do you also happen to know how to create a list of favorite radio stations?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, this works.

Create a playlist and drag stations into it.

• Go to the View Menu and turn the Sidebar on.
  • Use the (+) button at the bottom of the list to create a new playlist and name it.
  • Choose the Radio view from the top.
  • Find and drag the radio stations you want into the playlist.

Once the playlist is created you can turn off the Sidebar if you want. Whenever you start dragging a radio station your playlists will appear to the right so that you can drop the station on the one you want.

Better than simple favorites, you can categorize your favorites by having more than one playlist. I recommend giving the radio
station lists distinctive names so that they are easy to tell apart from music playlists. I called my sample Jazz Stations.

They could have made this easier and more obvious. Songs can be added to playlists so many different ways you're bound to stumble on one method or the other. Dragging was the only method I found to work with radio stations.

Side Comment: Sadly this did not turn out to be a back door to adding iTunes radio stations to the iPad. When I went to set up syncing for the new playlist, it did not appear in the list of playlists.

Most reactions

Latest posts