What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes question

Kevin43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi
After updating to the new iTunes version. Somehow on the left-hand side where it had the list of tv shows movies iTunes Store and my iPad name is no longer there. someone told me how to bring it back but cannot remember . Thank you

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, iTunes 12 changed a lot. You now have to deal with icons across the top. See this for where to go when your iPad is connected:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413950759.646463.jpg

In addition, you can access it by going to File > Devices, like this:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413950802.514163.jpg

My iPad wasn't connected when I took this pictures (I remoted into my PC with my iPad to do this). Hopefully, this'll get you to the right place.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Here's how it looks on a Mac:

image.jpg

(Following Marilyn's lead, I connected remotely to my iMac from my iPad via Splashtop, grabbed the iPad screen, cropped and drew on it with Skitch, and uploaded the image without leaving my comfy recliner...all just because I could. :))

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's how it looks on a Mac:

[...removed picture to save space...]

(Following Marilyn's lead, I connected remotely to my iMac from my iPad via Splashtop, grabbed the iPad screen, cropped and drew on it with Skitch, and uploaded the image without leaving my comfy recliner...all just because I could. :))

Oh, I'd love to claim "cause I could" - as that is a very good reason. And I COULD!

For me, though, I used Parallels Access because I was too lazy to get up OUT of my recliner to go into my home office, fire up iTunes, take screenshots, send the to the iPad ... blah, blah, blah.

But yeah, you gotta admit - remotely accessing the computer from the recliner iz "da bomb"! :D

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts