What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Itunes help

michellek1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi guys I recently purchased a new iPad and am having trouble with iTunes, as u know it is already installed on the iPad but when I open it up it takes me straight to the store, can anyone tell me where my iTunes library is because when I look on a normal computer you can get the library up from the sidebar options which the iPad iTunes doesn't seem to have. Also where can I get free music as I think iTunes is to expensive. Any help would be much appriciated.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hi guys I recently purchased a new iPad and am having trouble with iTunes, as u know it is already installed on the iPad but when I open it up it takes me straight to the store, can anyone tell me where my iTunes library is because when I look on a normal computer you can get the library up from the sidebar options which the iPad iTunes doesn't seem to have. Also where can I get free music as I think iTunes is to expensive. Any help would be much appriciated.

The iTunes app on the iPad is really a store to get media (music, video, podcasts, etc). It is not the management tool like the iTunes on you computer is. They are two different things doing two different functions. Hope that clarifies.

And, no, we won't help you find "free music" because you "think iTunes is too expensive." That comes dangerously close to you asking about piracy (how to get a paid-for something for nothing; aka theft) and we don't support piracy here - nor those that pirate. So, may I suggest you don't mention that topic again, m'kay?

Marilyn

OP
M

michellek1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok sorry bout that wasn't thinking, can u please tell me how I get the library up on my iPad like on a desktop then plz.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
michellek1979 said:
Ok sorry bout that wasn't thinking, can u please tell me how I get the library up on my iPad like on a desktop then plz.

Music will end up in the Music app, videos in the Video app. You have to sync your iPad with iTunes on your PC, and select what media, etc. you want to sync to the iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts