What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes could not conact software update server

wi11iam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

While my internet is working just fine, I keep on getting the above error message when trying to start the download for the firmware update on my iPad. Any
advice please?

Thanks
William R.

OP
W

wi11iam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm, I managed to eventually get a download selection box, but now my download keeps failing. Oh well...

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Some people find it helps to (temporarily) turn off their firewall and/or virus protection. Be sure to turn it back on afterwards.

Also, the download only option (instead of download and update) has a better record of success.

Meanderpaul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Some people find it helps to (temporarily) turn off their firewall and/or virus protection. Be sure to turn it back on afterwards.

Also, the download only option (instead of download and update) has a better record of success.

I tried doing that (I have the same problem) it still doesn't work for me. I was trying to find the file on the Internet but couldn't locate 4.3.5 anywhere to manually put it on the iPad.

Sent from my iPad with no flash :(

Most reactions

Latest posts