1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iTunes concept question

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by rduffy01, Aug 7, 2011.

1. rduffy01

rduffy01 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Apologies if this is answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find after a quick search. I just got an iPad2. Love it. I'm trying to set up my iTunes library on a home server (HP MediaSmart) and I seem to have the music files loaded on the server and I've told my iTunes on my MacBook Pro to look on the server for the iTunes library. So far so good.

Question: When I sync my iPad to my MacBook Pro, will it now copy my music library from the server to the iPad? So when I'm on a plane or otherwise away from wifi (I don't have the 3G pad) will there be any music on my iPad? Just want to make sure I understand conceptually how things are supposed to work here.

Thanks in advance for any response!
  2. DefBref

DefBref iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    Yes, whatever you choose to sync will be copied from your library to the ipad.

I think you may be getting confused with home sharing, which allows you access to your entire library over wifi, without the need to copy the files to the ipad.