What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Itunes - accessing purchases without syncing?

hamilton44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We purchased a couple of symphonies from itunes and downloaded to my husband's IMac. We thought we had synced to the ipad but now we find that the sync did not work and we cannot access the IMac at the moment to re-sync because we are away from home.

Is there any way that we can download them again to our ipad? Are purchased items stored on an itunes library that can be accessed from our ipad?

We checked the ipad but under purchases all we can see are items purchased directly to the ipad.
Surely we don't have to re-purchase the albums?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OP
H

hamilton44

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But what if your computer crashes - as mine once did? Surely you should be able to re-download items purchased on itunes without paying for them again? This doesn't make sense.
With audible.com any books you purchase stay on your online library and can be accessed from any device. It strikes me that this ought to be possible with itunes too.

cherhall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately, at present, you can only download music one time. Apple is currently, supposedly, looking into allowing multiple downloads. I have lost music that I had to pay for again, and quickly learned to backup my iTunes folder quite often!

Most reactions

Latest posts