1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Itunes - accessing purchases without syncing?

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by hamilton44, Mar 14, 2011.

1. hamilton44

hamilton44 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We purchased a couple of symphonies from itunes and downloaded to my husband's IMac. We thought we had synced to the ipad but now we find that the sync did not work and we cannot access the IMac at the moment to re-sync because we are away from home.

Is there any way that we can download them again to our ipad? Are purchased items stored on an itunes library that can be accessed from our ipad?

We checked the ipad but under purchases all we can see are items purchased directly to the ipad.
    Surely we don't have to re-purchase the albums?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. cherhall

cherhall iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    You can only download music once. Apps you can download over and over.
  3. hamilton44

hamilton44 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    But what if your computer crashes - as mine once did? Surely you should be able to re-download items purchased on itunes without paying for them again? This doesn't make sense.
    With audible.com any books you purchase stay on your online library and can be accessed from any device. It strikes me that this ought to be possible with itunes too.
  4. cherhall

cherhall iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Unfortunately, at present, you can only download music one time. Apple is currently, supposedly, looking into allowing multiple downloads. I have lost music that I had to pay for again, and quickly learned to backup my iTunes folder quite often!