What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hell of a mess with syncing

kestrel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I have got myself into a hell of a mess with syncing and would much appreciate if someone could put me on track to sort this out.

Situation is, we have two iPads and one iPad account.

We have bought a third iPad for our son and I want to put all the stuff on my iPad onto his.

Problem is, when I sync my iPad with our iTunes, the App section shows only about ten Apps, whereas, I have purchased loads more directly from my iPad. The ones I have purchased from my iPad do not show up in iTunes. I thought they would and then when I synced my sons new iPad, he would have a copy of everything on my iPad.

Hope thats clear and pse help if you can.

regards

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Plug in the iPad with all the apps to your PC or Mac. Open iTunes, click on "file" in upper left had corner, click on "Transfer purchases from "name of your iPad"". This will transfer all the iPad purchased apps to iTunes. Be sure you have "Sync Apps" checked on the Apps Tab. All my purchases are synced automatically when I sync my iPad, yours should too.

OP
K

kestrel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are a star Pocobear, thanks very much for that, it worked like a dream.

Thanks very much for your time

Mossi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I only have 1 iPad, but I have the same situation. All my apps do not show in the list on my device. I can dig them out from my desktop, but a list would be helpful. What should I do?

Most reactions

Latest posts