What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Itune prob!!?

apollo999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im newbiew here. From malaysian...i already got my ipad here...i kindda get use to it.but i dont understand why i open ipod icon(onscreen) theres no music. It say download from itune.when i tap it.it goes to itune store.but cannot connect server..pls help
:(

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On the iPad you purchase music while in the iPad's native iTunes app but that music, when it's downloaded, ends up in the iPod app.

You need to have an iTunes account before you can 'enter' the iTunes store and that needs to be associated with a credit card or, failing that, to have been placed in credit by using an iTunes Gift Card or similar.

Not all items are available in all the different iTunes stores, due to local licensing or copyright restrictions.

Tim

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
apollo999 said:
Im newbiew here. From malaysian...i already got my ipad here...i kindda get use to it.but i dont understand why i open ipod icon(onscreen) theres no music. It say download from itune.when i tap it.it goes to itune store.but cannot connect server..pls help
:(

Assuming from your English, I can explain in Malay if you want me to. For now, I'll use English. The iPod app has no music because you did not setup sync in iTunes on your PC. The iTunes app is a store. Imagine a CD Store (like Rock Corner) that sells music, movies and TV shows. It's exactly like that.

- Sent from my BRAND-NEW iPad 2! :D

OP
A

apollo999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KaiHD said:
Assuming from your English, I can explain in Malay if you want me to. For now, I'll use English. The iPod app has no music because you did not setup sync in iTunes on your PC. The iTunes app is a store. Imagine a CD Store (like Rock Corner) that sells music, movies and TV shows. It's exactly like that.

I had itune in my pc. Im kinda confuse with the sync things.i end up deleting my song .

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
apollo999 said:
I had itune in my pc. Im kinda confuse with the sync things.i end up deleting my song .

To sync music to your device, connect it to iTunes. It will show up under Devices in the sidebar. Click on that, and you'll be taken to the Device Summary page. It usually shows a picture of your device next to some info, and options below it. On the top, you'll find tabs, like Summary, Apps, Music, etc.- click on Music. There'll be a checkbox called Sync my entire library to my device, or similar. Tick the checkbox, and click Apply on the bottom right of the screen. It will then start to sync your music to your iPad.

However, if you say you've deleted your songs by accident, all is not lost. You are presented with three options when you try to delete song(s)- Cancel, Remove from Disk, or Keep in Folder. If you have clicked Remove from Disk, don't worry- the songs are in your Recycle Bin on your desktop. Unless you have accidentally emptied the Bin, the songs will show up. Just select them and right-click to Restore them to their original location. Then you can re-add them into iTunes. However, if you clicked on Keep in Folder when you tried to delete them, they will be in their original locations. Just drag them to iTunes for them to be added.

Hope this helps. If you want I can post pictures, to show you what to do.

OP
A

apollo999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks KaiHD.now i can get music into my ipad.i love watching music video.but when i sync music video it will go to the VIDEO .mean if u want to open it u have to go to the video.so it will mix with my movie.how to get it to the music video?tq

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
apollo999 said:
Thanks KaiHD.now i can get music into my ipad.i love watching music video.but when i sync music video it will go to the VIDEO .mean if u want to open it u have to go to the video.so it will mix with my movie.how to get it to the music video?tq

The Videos app has three tabs- Movies, TV Shows, and Music Videos. All Music videos purchased from iTunes will show up in Music Videos by default. However, if you have music videos that show up in Movies instead, there's a way around that. This usually happens when you download music videos from YouTube, or a DVD. To make the video show up under Music Videos and not Movies, go to the video in iTunes on your PC. Right-click it, and click Get Info. A popup will appear- with tabs like Summary, Info, Video, Sorting, etc., etc. There will be a tab called Options. Click on that, and the view will change from the Summary. There are options like Start Time, Stop Time, etc., don't bother with that. Go straight to the Media Kind option, it will list there as Movies. Click it, and a drop down list will appear. Click on Music Videos, and the file will be identified as a Music Video, not Movies. Click on Apply or OK at the bottom to save. Now simply repeat this on any music video in your library and voila! The video will now show up under Music Videos on both your iTunes and iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts