What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iSwifter

johnipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
R there any programs like this that work better? I downloaded this program but it does not seem to work too great, some videos I load I can hear the audio but there is no picture.

OP
J

johnipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also tried "photon" and "flash...exposed" neither are doing the job...

To make it easier I'm trying to find a app to watch video from fastpasstv.ms or icefilms.info

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As you're aware the iPad simply doesn't do Flash so any solution is, at best, a workaround. These browser try to circumvent the problem by hosting Flash content on the company's web server so the result depends very much on the bandwidth of the Internet link between you and their server. If the link bandwidth is poor, then the protocol defaults to audio only. It's not really a function of the app itself - though clearly that has an indirect effect - but rather of the underlying link bandwidth, something that's outside the app Developer's control.

Tim

cosmogenium

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have iSwifter, PHOTON, and AlwasyOnPC. The latest version of iSwifter has become my preferred app. It was sluggish before but now works nearly as fast as any native app could. I've much faster than the other two and much easier to control with finger taps IMO, and I have big fingers! The only quibble I have with it is that it doesn't "remember" sign-ons, but this is probably a good thing from a security standpoint. The bookmarks could be better. You have to go to "history" before you see a selection for "bookmarks", but it's still the best Flash (workaround) browser I've found for the iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts